JOIN THE KDI TEAM!
At KDI, We design, furnish, and install—all with a personalized process,
and a commitment to exceeding expectations.
We are seeking enthusiastic team players to join our growing workforce!
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Job Title: Sr. Interior Designer
Reports to: Principal
KDI is a “boutique” commercial furniture dealership & interiors firm, servicing the Chicago land area & across country, offering the services & products of an efficient, streamlined, dealership centered around the client’s experience. At KDI we have a strong commitment to our clients, community & our employees. Honesty, integrity & professionalism are our cornerstones & we are seeking a driven individual to join our growing team. If you are looking to grow your career & join a talented group of professionals that are motivated by exceeding expectations, look no further.
- Lead Designer on Interior projects and Furniture Specification projects, through all phases of project
- Lead Presenter, when required, and possess ability to interact with clients and assess needs during meetings and presentations
- Balance multiple projects (of varying sizes & types)
- Develop with the project team all required deliverables: finish palettes, drawings, models, images, finish boards and other documents relating to the design
- Take ownership of project with input and direction from the Design Director and Account Executive
- Desire and ability to teach/assist new or junior Interior Team members
- Correspond, when necessary, with external project consultants and other associated organizations or companies (manufacturers, reps, etc.)
- Seek continuing professional development
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of, compliance with, and assist with maintaining KDI procedures and standards
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of main furniture lines and be able to train others
- Contribute, or otherwise assist, as required on any Interiors Team project
- Ability to conduct research into project-related issues and products
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design
- 5-7 years’ experience in commercial furniture industry
- Demonstrate professionalism, confidence & poise
- Maintain NCIDQ certification and other credentials
- Understand & formulate design decisions and present for discussion
- Integrate design requirements with architecture
- Utilize a variety of media in the development and documentation of a design project
- Work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Take initiative in response to direction or instruction
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Possess flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
- Manage and prioritize tasks and time efficiently
- Portray self-motivated attitude and able to take responsibility
- Maintain great interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Portray excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work as part of an effective team assisting and supporting team members
- Show resilient behavior to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritize duties and work effectively under pressure
- Understand the Designer’s role in the co-ordination and integration of project information and management
- Understand financial implications of design project: on time and on budget
- Utilize the following for presentation materials: SketchUp, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visual Impressions